GSTEP – Admissions FAQ
• an integrated reading / writing section (8 short-answer questions and 1 essay; 70 minutes)
• a multiple choice listening comprehension section (35 questions; 30 minutes)
• a section with 30 multiple choice questions on reading comprehension (30 questions; 45 minutes)
You can also request that scores be sent to other schools. There is a cost of $5.00 for each additional request. Scores are valid for two years after the test date. We cannot send out test scores if you took the GSTEP over two years ago.
(2) In person in the Department of Applied Linguistics and ESL.
Cash, checks, and money orders are not accepted. You should register online with a credit or debit card. If you have questions about the process, please contact [email protected].
• passing level 5 of the Intensive English Program (IEP) with a 'C' or better
• taking the GSTEP.
For graduate applicants: IEP students who are applying to graduate programs at GSU should ask their graduate departments whether the GSTEP or TOEFL is preferred.
If you have other questions, please contact the Testing Coordinator, Department of Applied Linguistics & ESL, Georgia State University.
Testing Coordinator: 404-413-5200